FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP FINAL: Real Madrid vs Gremio: 5players to watch out
Champions League winners Real Madrid meet Copa Libertadores holders Gremio on Saturday evening, with the rights to be the undisputed champion of the world at stake in the Club World Cup final.
The amazing come back of Real Madrid against Al Jazira FC in the semi final, will give them a boost ahead of the final. It is their chance to put another feather in their precious hat. On the other hand, for Gremio that is simply not the case, and this is the chance to go down in history for claiming the scalp of one of, if not the, world’s biggest clubs.
LNTUP analyses the performance of all the players of both the clubs, and marks 5 players who can create a difference in the match.
1) Lucas Barrios(Gremio)– The Paraguayan forward has played for footballing giants like Borussia Dortmund, Spartak Moscow, Guangzhou Evergrande and Montpellier before joining Grêmio. He’s scored 7 goals from 16 starts this season for the Brazilian side. His skill, speed and agility is a class apart. Probably one of the best forwards in this FIFA Club World Cup, he will be a man to watch out for.
Seguimos somando pontos para nossos objetivos 👍🏻👍🏻🔵⚪️⚫️LB#18⚽️⚽️⚽️ pic.twitter.com/pN5O05yjJw
— Lucas Barrios (@LucasBarrios_) October 19, 2017
2) Everton Soares(Gremio)– The Maracana born is one of the best forwards of Grêmio. He doesn’t start much, but has always been a super sub when the team needs him. He scored the late winner against CF Pachuca in the semi final of the same. His position, skillful play and agility puts him in this list of a player to watch out for.
Everton strike seals Gremio’s #ClubWC final spot 🔥
An extra-time wonder-strike from Everton Soares booked Brazilian side @Gremio their place in the 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣7️⃣ @FIFAcom Club World Cup final, beating @Tuzos 1️⃣-0️⃣ in their semi-final clash on Tuesday. pic.twitter.com/bPdbQzzlRz
— FOX Sports PH (@FOXSports_PH) December 13, 2017
3) Cristiano Ronaldo(Real Madrid): The one and only CR7, a living legend will step down once more in Dubai in the final today. The five times Ballon D’Or winner will look forward to carry on with his scoring boots in the final too. He can tear apart defenses and do what no one else can. He’s worshipped by players all over the world for a reason, that’s what puts him in this list. He’ll the main man to watch out for in today’s tie.
Focused ⚽️ pic.twitter.com/lRAjjkOQTy
— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) December 15, 2017
4) Gareth Bale(Real Madrid): The Welsh was brought to Madrid with lots of hopes from Spurs. He has the second highest transfer fee in the history of football after Neymar Jr. He came back from injury this season and showed that ‘Form is temporary but class is permanent’. He came down as a super sub in the semis to score and win it 2-1 for the Spanish giants. His style of play and especially his sprints will be amazing to watch out for today.
— Goal France (@Goal_com_France) December 16, 2017
5) Isco Alarcon(Real Madrid): Probably the best Spanish midfielder right now, Madrid always poses a danger to the opponents whenever Isco is on the ball. With the likes of Toni Kroos and Casemiro beside him, it is likely for him to dash forward ans score himself. Keeping aside his scoring ability, Isco is a master of assists and skills. He will be a one to watch out for in the FIFACWC final today.
5 – Isco Alarcon is the only Real Madrid player to have provided at least five assists in each of the last five seasons in all competitions (44 in total). Diamond. pic.twitter.com/xkKHZiBjnZ
— OptaJose (@OptaJose) December 6, 2017