Indian Super League- 5 Players to watch out in Bengaluru FC vs Delhi Dynamos FC tie
After making a historic start to Indian Super League (ISL) with a 2-0 win against Mumbai City FC, hosts Bengaluru FC will look to register their second win in a row when they clash Delhi Dynamos on Sunday before they play three consecutive away-games. Both Bengaluru and Delhi are coming into the match with exquisite 2-0 and 3-2 victories against Mumbai City FC and FC Pune, respectively.
Both teams have garnered three points each, but BFC is placed third in points-table for better goal performance.Delhi are placed fourth, with three goals for and two against, compared to Bengaluru, which did not concede any, but struck twice, in one game both teams have played so far. Even as BFC’s Sunil Chhetri and Delhi’s Gabriel Cichero would be the main attraction, all eyes would be on defense of the hosts, which might be tested by Delhi strikers.
Here are LNTUP’s prediction of 5 players who can make a difference in the tie:
- Edu Garcia: The Bengaluru FC winger, although is a new recruit this season, has been an amazing addition to the team. He has been clinical in the first match for the Blues this season. The Zaragoza born can play in left as well as the right wing. He can destroy his opponents with his speed, skills and agility. He scored the Blues’ first ever ISL goal, and will be a player to watch out in their tie against the rivals from the Capital.
- Sunil Chhetri: The Indian captain is one of the best strikers in Asia right now and probably the best India has ever had. He is the highest goal scorer for his national team with 56 goals and is one of the top goal scorers for the NT alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. He scored 7 goals in 11 appearances for Mumbai City FC in ISL 2015. He is Bengaluru’s second goal scorer in their historic win against Mumbai City FC.
- Paulinho Dias: The Brazilian Paulo Henrique Dias da Cruz is one of the greatest central defending midfielder to have ever stepped on an Indian football pitch. He has played for footballing giants like Cruzeiro, Chapecoense and Atletico Paranaense before signing for the North Indian side. He was clinical in the first match against FC Pune City and is his team’s first goal scorer this season.
- Lallianzuala Chhangte: The 20-year old winger is probably the best young player in Hero Indian Super League this season. He scored his first goal for India in his debut and scored his first goal in ISL in his Delhi Dynamos debut. He picked up a pace of 35.08 kmph before scoring his first ever ISL goal in Delhi’s tie against Pune. He can tear apart defenses with his speed, skills and footballing sense. He is so young, yet a mastermind! He is definitely a one to watch out against Bengaluru FC.
- Matias Mirabaje: The Uruguayan attacking midfielder is only 28-years old and has already played for eleven clubs. His transfer fee increases as each and every season goes by. He has represented the U-20 Uruguayan National Team in 2009. He is one of the main man for the Dynamos this season. It is a pleasure to watch him in the field. His presence on the field gives a motivation to the other players, and he will be a one to watch out in each and every match for Delhi.