Kerala Blasters vs ATK: Five players to watch out for
Yet another season of Hero ISL is set to begin on Friday with a completely new format when previous year finalists go head to head for the opener in kochi.
Kerala Blasters are poised to seek revenge on the reigning champions ATK when they welcome them to their den for the eighth time after been beaten to them in last year final in front of their supporting fans. It will be an end to end exciting battle as two footballing brilliance clashed once again to kick start another campaign which in future will hold lots of stories.
At the moment both teams remain on the starting position of the Hero ISL 4 and we have a chance to look on those players to whom both clubs rely on.
Here are the five chosen player from both the clubs in this great awaited clash who can lit up the league from the very start.
1. Debjit Majumder (ATK): The goalkeeper who had won every possible title at senior club level, Debjit is ready to risk his gloves once again to guard his club’s post.
He’s been magnificent with his job last season guiding ATK to the crown. His saves in crucial stages made the difference in games including the penalty shootout heroics against the rivals they found in the backyard for the beginner of the new campaign. So Debjit is ready to transform himself once again as one of the best resembling the nickname he received from his fan ‘savejit’.
2. Eugeneson Lyngdoh (ATK): The champions will be very much pleased to have this playmaker in the dressing room. The Shillong born footballer was absolutely scintillating to watch with his former club Bengaluru as he brace himself for his first ISL season.
He can melt down the critics his club fell into because of their instability in their midfield region. Eugenson, loves to play as a central midfielder, will wish to make his presence felt against the South Indian club.
3. Robin Singh (ATK): The main source of goal threat for ATK, the Punjabi Robin Singh is a luxurious purchase indeed as he is determining to feel up the void for starman Robbie Keane, out for this month due to injury.
Moreover, Robin carries huge amount of experience playing in ISL with his consistency in front of goal. An injury hit season last term with FC Goa and East Bengal in the i-league, Robin will seize every opportunity to revive his old gallant form.
4. Sandesh Jhingan (Kerala Blasters): The defender burst upon the scene from this tournament and didn’t look back. He made over 40 appearances for the yellow submarine and also became an intregal part of the Bengaluru team.
His commitment for the national side of India is also worth praising and now he has turned into one of the phenomenal center backs in the country. Sandesh will surely be put into concern if Kerala wants to get rid of ATK’s supremacy in this clash.
5. Dimitar Berbatov (Kerala Blasters): one of the iconic figures who will take the center stage this season, Berbatov undoubtedly is the production industry for the South Indian club.
The elephants if are to trumpet the Bulgarian forward will give terrors to ATK defense and others in the league to come. Played in some great clubs in Europe including Manchester United, Tottenham, Fulham and Leverkusen, Berbatov will adapt quickly to the new surrounding. He’s been one of the notable purchase Kerala made to bolster their squad.