Matchday 12 : Serie A Team of the week
Serie A’s goal flowing weekend helped us to pick out the best eleven performers of the weekend and insert them in our team of the week.
1. Sepe (Napoli): In his team’s astonishing goalless draw against Chievo, the second choice keeper saved a couple of shots to keep the side from Naples on the top of the chart. Sepe became the perfect replacement of pepe Reina for this game.
2. Romagnoli (Ac Milan): Scored the opener for Milan and kept himself busy down the left channel and focused on stopping counters of Sassuolo.
3. Giorgio Chellini (Juventus): The famous old boot of the old lady did not crumbled for a second even when the black and whites conceded early in the game. His character helped others to concentrate on the turnover phase which they ultimately did.
4. Manolas (As Roma): The side back controlled the defense almost single handedly to stop poking Fiorentina’s forwards. Also scored one in 4-2 win over them.
5. Kolarov (As Roma): Brilliant once again in the side back role, the Armenian made the most of Roma’s attack with his tall disciplinary figure.
6. Cuadrado (Juventus): The Columbian played well in the wings and never hesitated to score the winner in Saturday’s win over bottom side Benevento. He also started the move for Gonzalo Higuain’s leveller.
7. Veretout (Fiorentina): The man in making for his club, Veretout was the centre of the attacks Fiorentina created. His link up with Giovanni will aid success in future.
8. Suso (Ac Milan): A transformed midfielder in the sense that he always deliver at the time of asking. Suso is helping the confused setup in the mids to a new look for the Rossonieri.
9. Gerson (As Roma): Roma’s wonder performer of the weekend, Gerson netted twice and was a constant threat to Fiorentina’s box. His brilliance silenced Eden Dzecko’s ineligiblity to score in that game.
10. Higuain (Juventus): The center forward went for supremacy in this weekend and was rewarded with a goal that he deserves entirely. The Argentine made up a point that he is still one of the ferocious goal machine in Serie A after netting his 102nd strike of his career in the league.
11. Giovanni Simeone (Fiorentina): The revolutionary lad in the dressing room, Simeone scored for consecutive games and always put himself in the capable list in hard times.