Match Day 12 : French Ligue 1 Team Of The Week
In a staggering round of matches in the French top flight, eleven players put forward their deserving performances on the pitch and structured our team of the week of game day 12.
1. Areola (Paris Saint Germain): Areola’s confidence between the post helped his club to maintain high line of defense against the spirited Angers, allowing the forwards to score a lot of goals. He also shielded two gallant strikes from the home team to keep the clean sheet intact.
2. Dani Alves (Paris Saint Germain): Areola’s team mate Dani Alves features in the right back role in our team of the week for his involvement in two of Paris’s five goals scored that day. The Brazilian genius crossed beautifully to assist Mbappe’s opener in the game which caused certainty of more three points in the bag.
3. Raggi (As Monaco): Cemented himself as the unbreakable in the center back role on his return to the starting eleven from injury. Alongside Glik, he was one of the most feared figure in Monaco’s defense against Guingamp this weekend.
4. Gallet (OGC Nice): The former Lyon star proved decisive in the final third proclaiming Nice’s first victory after four winless games by his overlapping run which kept Dijon busy throughout the afternoon.
5. Thauvin (Marseille): Settled well in the midfield role for his club, he is turning to be one of the dangerous player in his position in the French top flight. Scored two magnificent goals in 5-0 slew of Stade Malherbe Caen.
6. Fekir (Lyon): Lyon’s captain resembling his leadership again scoring two and making the pass for Traore’s goal as his club see off big boys Saint Etienne.
7. Traore (As Monaco): Academy graduate Traore was given the opportunity to show his talent on the pitch which he took hand fully by scoring a brace in 6-0 routing of Guingamp.
8. Keita Balde (As Monaco): Now scored in three consecutive game for As Monaco, Balde has become the club’s main goal source since joining in the summer.
9. Mbappe (Paris Saint Germain): ‘The golden boy’ award winner was ruthless in cutting past Angers defense with silky moves and scoring a brace of high quality. His back heel assist for Cavani’s goal in the game is unforgettable.
10. Edinson Cavani (Paris Saint Germain): There is no stopping of his goal scoring form as the Uruguayan added a handsome double in the weekend. His pairing with Mbappe for the capital club’s up front is looking destructive as ever.
11. Carrillo (As Monaco): Another star man in the academy, Leonardo Jardim will be pleased to see his plenty of forward options in his squad after the French lauded a brace in 6-0 monstrous win over Guingamp.