LNTUP

Today’s Top 5 News From The Football World

0 21

LNTUP 5 Hot Topics of the Day
By the date 24th Oct 2017

1.Two match ban for Bonucci.
Leonardo Bonucci’s elbow to the head of a defender has resulted in a two-match ban and will prevent him from facing his former squad Juventus on Saturday.
The referee did not initially show Bonucci a red card. The decision came with the help of the video assistant referee (VAR) _ marking the first time a red card was handed out by the VAR in Italy.

2. The Best Men’s player of the year.
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has won this year’s FIFA best player award. With this, he has now joined Lionel Messi as a five-time winner of the award. The award was presented to him on Monday at the London Palladium theater. Lionel Messi was runner-ups while Neymar was placed third.
“Thanks for voting for me. Mention for Neymar, Messi who are here. RM supporters, teammates, coach, president for their support,” Ronaldo said after receiving the award.

3. BBC is no more impenetrable.
With a combined age of 99, Italy’s once vaunted “BBC” defensive trio is showing its years.
Bonucci is 30, Chiellini is 33, and Barzagli is 36.
While Italy coach Gian Piero Ventura has shown interest in developing new talent, he has shown no indication that he plans to cast aside BBC when it counts.
Bonucci’s red card with AC Milan over the weekend was the latest poor performance where Chiellini and Barzagli were beaten for goals twice by Ciro Immobile in Juventus’ 2-1 home loss to Lazio.

4. Renato Sanches to miss Manchester match.
Swansea midfielder Renato Sanches will miss Tuesday’s League Cup clash with Manchester United and is a doubt for the weekend’s Premier League trip to Arsenal, manager Paul Clement has said.
Portugal international Sanches, came off 12 minutes from time in last Saturday’s 2-1 loss to Leicester City with a thigh injury.
“It is not the same one that he had while he was at the national team earlier this month,” Clement told the club’s website.
“But it will keep him out of this game and possibly at the weekend as well.”

5. David to take charge of the senior team.
Everton under-23 manager David Unsworth will take temporary charge of the senior team following the sacking of Dutchman Ronald Koeman, the club announced on Tuesday.
The former Everton defender’s first task will be to prepare the team for their League Cup clash against Premier League champions Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.
“Everton can confirm David Unsworth will take temporary charge of the Everton first team, commencing with tomorrow night’s Carabao Cup tie,” the club said on their official Twitter handle.