FC Augsburg vs Borussia Dortmund Match Preview
Bundesliga: FC Augsburg vs Borussia Dortmund Match Preview
League leaders Borussia Dortmund travel to the south to the city of Augsburg in Bavaria to face FC Augsburg in the Matchday 7 of the German Bundesliga.
Date: 30th September
Venue: WWK Arena, Augsburg
Timings: 7:00PM(IST), 3:30PM(UK Time), 4:30PM(Local Time)
Telecast: Star Sports Select 2, Star Sports Select HD2, beIN Sports Connect Australia, beIN Sports 1 Australia, fuboTV, Fox Sports 1 USA, FOX Deportes, FOX Soccer Match Pass, FOX Sports GO,
FC Augsburg: Currently 5th in the Bundesliga table, Manuel Baum’s FC Augsburg proved all the odds wrong as they beat last year league runners up Red Bull Leipzig in matchday 5 with the Austrian Micheal Gregoritsch’s goal being the decider. After that they went on to draw against VFB Stuttgart as both the equally matched sides failed to find the net.
With a 5 game unbeaten streak and unbeaten at home this season, Manuel Baum looks confident on the clash against Dortmund. Daniel Baier would return from suspension and may start but the thing to worry about the club is the absence of the South Korean playmaker Ja Cheol Koo who picked up a concussion in the draw at the Mercedes Benz Arena. The Czech international Jan Moravek is expected to replace him.
Possible Line-up: Hitz, Gouweleeuw, Khedira, Hinteregger, Opare, Max, Moravek, Baier (c), Heller, Caiuby, Finnbogason
Borussia Dortmund: Borussia Dortmund has had a dream start to their league campaign. With 19 goals scored and only one conceded, better than any side in the league, Dortmund lead the table with 16 points. Their last match was a complete demolition at the Signal Iduna Park as they beat Borussia Monchengladbach 6:1 with Gabon international Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scoring a hattrick and new signing Max Philipp with a brace.
Last week also saw German international Julian Weigl scoring his first Bundesliga goal with an incredible shot outside the box. Peter Bosz would like to extend their unbeaten streak in the league with a win against Augsburg and that can be made possible with the presence of their forward trio of Philipp, Aubameyang and Pulisic who are in terrific form. There is least possibility to see Yarmolenko in action unless Bosz decide to rest one of that trio.
Possible Line-up: Bürki, Piszczek, Papastathopoulos (c), Bartra, Zagadou, Kagawa, Sahin, Götze, Pulisic, Aubameyang, Philipp
Last 5 Head to Head:
FC Augsburg: 1 victory
Dortmund: 2 victories
- Augsburg are currently five games unbeaten (three wins, two draws), a club record under Manuel Baum.
- Dortmund are three points clear of Bayern, an advantage they last enjoyed on the final weekend of the 2011/12 season, when they became champions.
- BVB’s goal difference of +19 is the best of any Bundesliga club ever at this stage of a season.
- In the last nine seasons, Bayern were the club that enjoyed the most possession on average of any side. So far this term, Borussia hold that honour, with an average of 63 per cent.
- Aubameyang’s eight goals after six games is a new personal best for the Gabon international. Historically, only former Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes (nine goals) in 1973/74 has scored more goals at this stage of a season.
- Aubameyang also has netted eight times in eight matches against Augsburg.