Chinese Super League-Round Up (Matchweek 35)

0 32

Excitement was guaranteed as the title race for the Chinese top flight league drew more energy from the hungry contenders. Big money purchases were already enjoying their fair share of football and were pulling off their great skills on the pitch. Here is the summary of all actions from Matchweek 35.

A post shared by FC Barcelona (@fcbarcelona) on

The star man of champions Guangzou Evergrande, Paulinho has recently joined Spanish giant,FC Barcelona but that news never hampered the winning mindset of Scholari’s men in the game against Shanghai Senhua. Their 3-0 away win clearly symbolized that they are not weak. Without their key player Paulinho, the team found a new hero in Muriqui whose brace ensured his first team chances from now on. Another playmaker of the team, Alan answered his critics by tieing up Ricardo Goulart’s goal ,who himself provided a huge impact in the game, in the 84th minute.

It was not as sweet in Shanghai as fellow title challengers SIPG crumbled to a 2-1 loss to Guizhou Zhincheng. Zincheng’s defense was almost unbreakable as SIPG struggled to find an opening to score. They were even frustated by a late minute winner by Wang Fan. Nicolai Jelavic put the home team at front early in the second half. His goal was cancelled out by Lu Wejun 20 minutes from time. But that was not enough for them. This was Zhincheng’s 5th victory in a row.

Beijing Guon also suffered defeat to Hebei FC by 2-0 scoreline. Former PSG player, Ezequel Lavezzi put the home side in front from the penalty spot in the 65th minute. Li Hang then added a second, minutes before time.
Jiangsu Suning put four past Yabian Funde to pick up their 2nd win in last three games. This was a sort of relief from the roller coaster ride they had this season. Goals from Martinez, Ramires and a brace from Moukandjo made it 4-0.

Elswhere, Tianjin Quinjian played out a 1-1 Changchun Yatai, R&F were also held back by Shandong Luneng with a 1-1 draw and the match between Henan and Chongqing ended goalless.