AC Milan may bid to sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Radamel Falcao
AC Milan may look to bring back Zlatan Ibrahimovic or sign Radamel Falcao as the search for a striker intensifies.
Milan’s managing director Marco Fassone has indicated that the club may look to sign Zlatan Ibrahimović or Radamel Falcao.
Falcao recently signed a three-year contract extension with Monaco after a wonderful campaign that saw him score 30 goals in 43 matches and helped the club claim the Ligue 1 title.
“We’re working on it, there mustn’t be any sense of haste, as we don’t want to make a mistake,” Fassone said. “So far I haven’t said no to any of the names that have been mentioned, and I won’t say no to Falcao either, but among the six or seven names that have been suggested we’ve been closer to some than others.”
Fassone further added: “The doubt we had was whether to make such a significant revolution of the squad or a gradual growth, but Massimiliano Mirabelli and I made this courageous decision and we hope it was the right one.”
Massimiliano Mirabelli is Milan’s sporting director. When pressed on the Ibrahimović issue, Mirabelli said: “Ibrahimović? In life, never say never. Maybe an old acquaintance of ours could come back…
“I don’t want to hint at Ibra, that’s not the case. We have our feet on the ground.
“We’ll evaluate the things that we have to do after August 15.”
The 35-year-old is currently a free agent after being released by Manchester United back in June. He is currently rehabilitating from a double knee injury sustained during United’s Europa League quarter-final second leg clash with Anderlecht. Initially, it was perceived that the injury would effectively end his career but Ibrahimović made a miraculous recovery and recently posted this video on his Instagram account.
Ibrahimović spent two seasons with the Rossoneri in which he won the Serie A and the Supercoppa Italiana during the 2010-11 campaign.
After being taken over by Chinese firm Rossoneri Sport Investment, Milan have been on a transfer spree this summer, spending a total of £160 million so far and bringing in 10 players – Leonardo Bonucci, André Silva, Hakan Çalhanoğlu, Mateo Musacchio, Ricardo Rodríguez, Lucas Biglia, Franck Kessié, Fabio Borini, Andrea Conti and Antonio Donnarumma.
The club has already been in contact with several strikers including Andrea Belotti, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Nikola Kalinić and Renato Sanches.