Costa makes shocking revelation about his future
Diego Costa confirms he will not be in Chelsea next season.
Since making his move from Atletico Madrid, Costa has scored tons of goals for Chelsea. This season also he has bagged 20 goals to help Chelsea win the English Premier League. But his relationship with Antonio Conte reached a new low fuelling speculations about a summer move away from the Stamford Bridge.
The 28-year-old has been heavily linked with a big money move to Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian. But, recently he has admitted that he would only leave for his former club Atletico Madrid. With Atletico Madrid’s transfer ban remained upheld, it looked like Costa would remain at Stamford Bridge.
But yesterday after Spain’s 2-2 draw against Colombia, Costa made a shocking revelation. He revealed that Chelsea manager Antonio Conte texted him earlier this week and confirmed the Spaniard wouldn’t be in his plans for next season.
Diego Costa: "I told Chelsea I'll leave the club after Conte message. I can't stay more. Now I've to find a club and play, easy!" #CFC
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 7, 2017
“My relationship with the coach has been bad this season. I suppose I’ve had a bad season so I can’t go on,” the Spanish intenational striker said.
“I’m going to be honest, the other day, Conte sent me a message saying he does not count on me for next season, so I’ll have to find a way out.
“I love living in Madrid, but I have to think about my future. It’s complicated because I cannot go four or five months without playing. I have no preference for a league, I just want to play.”
Romelu Lukaku is highly in contention to lead Chelsea’s frontline next season in place of Costa. But Conte might dip into the transfer market for one more striker as their backup striker Michy Batshuayi earlier confirmed he wouldn’t remain second-choice for another season and may leave the club for regular first-team action to solidify his claim on a spot in Belgian World Cup 2018 squad.