LNTUP

Mexican winger set to join Celta Vigo this summer

Photo: Getty Images
0 8

Hirving Lozano has agreed a deal with Celta Vigo, as he moves away from Pachuca to face new challenge in Europe.

Spanish outlet AS has reported that Mexican winger Hirving Lozano is set to join Celta Vigo in this summer after he finishes his spell with Mexico at the Confederations Cup in June.

Celts have agreed to pay $14 million for 80 percent of the rights of the young winger while the other 20 percent will be held by Pachuca.

“It’s very difficult to keep him here”, said the Pachuca sporting director, Marco Garces.He also added,”He(Lozano) is a very talented winger and we have received a lot of offers for him.”

Pachuca wants to retain the services of the young winger but Garces had already said that it will be complicated to keep him at the club as they have received several offers from England,Netherlands and also Spain.

Lozano who has emerged through the ranks of Pachuca’s youth academy has 13 caps for Mexico and the 21-year old considers himself ready to face European challenge. Celta Vigo’s president, Carlos Mourinho said that the club would love to sign the Mexico international.

Lozano who has emerged as a star player for the Mexican side has scored 31 goals in 120 Liga MX appearances and was previously linked with Manchester United and PSV.