Napoli Vs Fiorentina Match Preview
Napoli will continue their push for the 2nd spot as they take on Fiorentina at the Stadio San Paolo on Saturday evening.
Napoli themselves are keen on securing the 2nd place and come into this game having earned an impressive 5-0 win over Torino last weekend. What made that victory even more notable is the fact that the Granata are no pushovers themselves, as they have a threatening front line, so keeping a clean sheet against them certainly is not an easy task.
Fiorentina are one of only a few sides who lost to Palermo, who have been quite poor at home and are already relegated. All in all, they have lost eight out of their away games this season.
Date/Time: Saturday, 20 May 2017/ 19:45 (GMT) 00:15 (IST) (Sunday, 21st May)
Television Telecast: TEN 1, TEN 1 HD, beIN Sports, Sky Calcio
Sarri’s squad collected four wins in the last five Serie A matches and they hope to break their record of 82 points – they set last season. They main focus will be to reach second place, which also depends on Roma fixtures.
The Partenopei have played excellent football but they have nothing to show for their efforts. They fought gallantly against Juventus in the Coppa Italia semis but they ended 2nd best. They are out of the League title race and are now
focusing on clinching the 2nd spot ahead of Roma.Sarri will have his whole team as they have a fully fit squad for this fixture.
The Year 2017 is shaping up to be a much better year for Paulo Sousa and company. Back-to-back wins over Juventus and at Chievo Verona have seen them climb to 8th in the Serie A table with a game in hand, and the team suddenly looks awake and re-energized for the first time in months.
Fiorentina are missing Davide Astori and Borja Valero through suspension ahead of this clash. Defender Gonzalo Rodriguez and goalkeeper Bartlomiej Dragowski are doubtful for this match.
Napoli: Reina; Ghoulam, Albiol, Koulibaly, Hysaj; Hamsik, Jorginho, Zielinski; Insigne, Mertens, Callejon
Fiorentina: Tatarusanu Sanchez, Rodriguez, Tomovic; Tello, Vecino, Badelj, Olivera; Bernardeschi,
Head to Head
- Napoli have a record of W16-D2-L2 in their last 20 home games against teams ranked below them in the table.
- Fiorentina have a record of W3-D2-L15 in their last 20 away games against teams ranked above them in the table.
- Napoli are undefeated in 35 of their last 37 home matches.
- The Partenopei have won their last 3 home matches against Fiorentina in all competitions.
- Fiorentina have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 6 matches.
- Napoli are unbeaten (W3 D2) in their last five league games against Fiorentina, whose last win came back in March 2014 at the San Paolo.