Juventus vs Crotone Match Preview
After winning the Coppa Italia last week, Juve will be focused on winning the Scudetto against Crotone.
The Bianconeri may have stumbled against Roma over the weekend, but their next trip to the Stadio Olimpico was a better one. Juventus are the first team to win three straight Coppa Italia trophies, and they achieved this by seeing off Lazio.This weekend they are against Crotone at home and will look to seal the Serie A title with a win. The next few weeks are going to be a very busy one for the Bianconeri, are they are two games away from celebrating what would be a well-deserved Treble.
Date/Time: Sunday, 21 May 2017/14:00 (GMT) 18;30 (IST)
Venue: Juventus Stadium, Turin
Television Telecast: BT Sports, FOX Sports,beIN Sports,SKY Calcio
Juventus will be focused on winning the Scudetto and completing the Part II of their Treble mission. A mission they started at the beginning of the campaign and are now 2 steps away from a well-deserved treble.
Juventus are likely to make a couple of changes from their Coppa Italia side, while Danielle Rugani and Sami Khedira are both injured ahead of this game.
The Squali do come into this game having earned back to back clean sheets. They have won five out of their last seven games and have picked up more points in the last seven rounds than any other side in Serie A. As a result, the visitors, who are featuring in the top flight for the first time ever, are just one point away from safety. They have gained many new fans thanks to their impressive performances, but their fairy-tale run appears likely to come to an abrupt end.
Crotone’s survival push has been brilliant to watch. They may give it a go at Juventus Stadium, but they aren’t realistically going to prevent the Old Lady celebrating a record sixth consecutive title.
Juventus: Buffon-Asamoah, Bonucci, Benatia, Lichtsteiner-Marchisio, Pjanic, Mandzukic,Dybala, Cuadrado-Higuain
Crotone: Cordaz-Rosi, Ferrari, Ceccherini, Martella-Rohden, Cristeig, Capezzi, Nalini-Falcinelli, Trotta
Head to Head
- Juventus have a record of W19-D1-L0 in their last 20 home games against teams ranked above them in the table.
- Crotone have a record of W2-D3-L7 in their last 12 away games against teams ranked above them in the table.
- Juventus have never conceded a goal against Crotone. That includes a 2-0 win in the reverse fixture earlier this season.
- Crotone are undefeated in their last 7 matches.
- The Bianconeri are undefeated in their last 36 games at Juventus Stadium.
- In addition, Juventus are unbeaten in their last 23 Serie A games against newly promoted teams (W19 D4), keeping a clean sheet in each of the last eight.
- However, La Vecchia Signora are winless in their last three games (D2 L1).
- The last time they went four league games without a victory was in March 2012.