Juventus vs Torino Match Preview
Juventus will host cross road rivals Torino at home in an epic clash.
After a 0-2 victory against Monaco away from home Juventus are almost on their way to Cardiff. But now they will shift their focus to Serie A, as they have a great chance of winning the treble this season. They can be crowned champions of Italy this weekend if they win against the Granate and Milan defeat Roma to end the title race for this season.
Torino has played entertaining football and are challenging Europa League spot. They are the highest scoring team after the top 3 but their they face severe issues at the back.
Date/ Time: Saturday, 5th May 2017 / 19:45 (GMT) 00:15 (IST) (6th May)
Venue: Juventus Stadium (Turin).
Television Telecast: Sky Sports, TEN 2 , beIN Sports
Livestream: mamahd, totalsportek.com
Massimo Allegri compares Torino with Atalanta and Monaco, the teams with direct style of play with players technically blessed with pace and strength. But he feels confident of his team ahead of this fixture as his team is in a good shape and both mentally and physically they are staying focused on the Scudetto.
Juventus are expected to make plenty of changes this weekend, and they could rest Gigi Buffon along with the central defenders who started their Champions League win.
The Granates are unbeaten in their last 6 matches and are spearheaded by Andrea Belotti. They are certainly no push overs as they are capable of causing serious problems.
Juventus have a 100% win record at home but they still conceded 2 goals against Atalanta. But that was an away fixture as the Bianconeri’s are truly a force to reckon with at home.
Torino have almost their entire squad back, with full-back Lorenzo De Silvestri their only absentee ahead of this derby.
Juventus 4-2-3-1: Neto; Lichtsteiner, Benatia, Bonucci, Asamoah; Khedira, Pjanic; Cuadrado, Dybala, Mandzukic; Higuain.
Injuries/Suspensions: Pjaca (knee), Rugani (fibula)
Torino 4-2-3-1: Hart; Zappacosta, Rossettini, Moretti, Barreca; Acquah, Baselli; Falque, Ljajic, Boye; Belotti.
Injuries/Suspensions: De Silvestri (hamstring).
- Juventus have won their last 20 home games against teams ranked below them in the table.
- Torino have a record of W2-D4-L14 in their last 20 away games against teams ranked above them in the table.
- Both Juventus and Torino have found the net in the last five Serie A derbies, with four Bianconeri wins (L1) in this period.
- Juventus have won their last 33 home matches.
- The Bianconeri won 11 of their last 12 matches against Torino in all competitions.
- Juventus have scored at least 2 goals in 19 of their last 21 home matches.
- The Old Lady have kept a clean sheet in 7 of their last 9 home matches.
- Torino are undefeated in their last 6 matches.
- Juventus have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 matches against Torino in all competitions.