Inter Milan vs Napoli Match preview
Serie A brings another exciting fixture for football fans to wrap up the matchday 34 when Inter Milan hosts Napoli on Sunday evening.
Napoli are coming to this match on the back of a 2-2 draw to Sassuolo. There defence was exposed in that match and that has been their issues all season long. But they play the most eye-pleasing football in the Serie A and have had a solid campaign thus far, as they have guaranteed a spot for the Champions League next season.But they will like to push for the 2nd spot as they want to finish just after Juve to gain direct access to ChampionsLeague group stages in the next season.
Meanwhile, it has been a sorry story for the Nerazzurri. Inter fans started believing again when Stefano Pioli took charge from Frank de Boer, who had a disastrous season. Inter is again on a 5 match winnless run and things again looks dim for them. It is absolutely sad for a team who used to challenge.
Date/Time: 30th April 2017 / 19:45 (GMT) 00: 15 (IST) (1st May)
Venue: Giuseppe Meazza (Milan)
Television telecast: TEN 1, beIN Sports, Sky Sports
Livestream sites: mamahd.com, Totalsportek.com
Inter: Internazionale has a full squad available for this match which leaves Joao Mario, Ever Banega and Marcelo Brozovic fighting for first team football.
Napoli: They will almost have a full squad and it will be tough for Maurizio Sarri to pick his first team. But Poland international may be left out on the bench for the top scorer Dries Mertens.
Inter(4-2-3-1): Handanovic,Nagatomo,Miranda,Medel,D’ambrosio-Kondogbia,Gagliardini-Perisic,Joao Mario,Candreva-Icardi
- Inter have a record of W8-D6-L6 in their last 20 home games against teams ranked above them in the table.
- Napoli have a record of W11-D5-L4 in their last 20 away games against teams ranked below them in the table.
- The Nerazzurri have lost only one of their last 13 home Serie A games against Napoli (W10 D2).
- Inter have scored at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 10 home matches against Napoli in all competition.
- Napoli are undefeated in their last 10 away matches.
- However, Inter are undefeated in 9 of their last 10 home matches against Napoli in all competitions.
- Napoli have scored at least 2 goals in their last 10 away matches.
- Inter have failed to win their last 5 matches.