Borussia Monchengladbach vs Borussia Dortmund Match Preview
Borussia Dortmund will look to redeem themselves In the Borussia Derby after their Champions League exit.
So after the exciting European fixtures, our focus again shifts to Bundesliga. Where the much awaited Borussia derby will be taking place in Borussia park, Monchengladbach
Thomas Tuchel and co. will look to forget their encounter against AS Monaco and will now look to concentrate on the league and their upcoming fixtures.
Whereas Monchengladbach who lost to TSG Hoffenheim in their last match will try to bounce back against Dortmund at home.
Time: 22 : 00 (IST) 18 : 30 (CEST) 16 : 30 (GMT)
Venue: Borussia park, Monchengladbach
Television Telecast: Star Sports Select HD 2, beIN Sports, Sky Sports, SuperSport 7
Borussia Monchengladbach are a much-improved side after Dieter Hecking took charge of the club during the winter break. Monchengladbach has certainly shown promise under him and are just two points shy of the top six.
But injury issues can cause some major problems as Raffael and Thorgan Hazard are set to miss out due to knee problems. Although Hecking has some options up front, he can play Josip Drmic or Andre Hahn alongside Laars Stindl. Ibrahima Traore may start but will face tough competition from Patrick Herrmann.
Dortmund will be looking to forget the defeat against AS Monaco and will look to concentrate on the league as they are in the 4th position only a point behind Julian Nagelsmann’s Hoffenheim.
Dortmund are without a win in their last 4 Bundesliga away fixtures. Their record away from home this season is W-4 D-5 L-6 which has been far from impressive and that is an area where Thomas Tuchel’s men will look to improve.
There is no new injury woes for Dortmund but Marc Bartra is still out with a broken arm and the likes of Erik Durm, Mario Gotze and Andre Schurrle are still out with injuries and health issues.
Borussia Monchengladbach: Sommer, Elvedi, Christensen, Vestergaard, Wendt, Hofmann, Dahoud, Strobl, Herrmann, Stindl, Drmic
Absentees: Doucoure (thigh), Kramer (knee), Johnson (thigh), Jantschke (muscle), Schulz (light training), Hazard (knee), Raffael (knee)
Borrusia Dortmund: Bürki, Piszczek, Ginter, Sokratis, Schmelzer, Weigl, Dembele, Castro, Kagawa, Reus, Aubameyang
Absentees: Barta (broken arm), Durm (thigh), Götze (metabolic), Schürrle (Achilles)
- Dortmund are unbeaten at home in Bundesliga this season, but have lost 8 fixtures away from home this season.
- Dortmund have managed three clear wins against their city rivals under Tuchel and will look to continue the same.
- Marco Reus joined Dortmund from Gladbach for €17m in 2012. He has an excellent record against his former club under Tuchel, either scoring or assisting seven goals in his last three appearances.
- Die Schwarzgelben also have a better record with Reus in the side, suffering more defeats without him starting (19/59 Bundesliga games) than with him (18/106).
- Dieter Hecking and Thomas Tuchel are currently the two most experienced Bundesliga coaches in the league.
Dortmund won previous three games against Gladbach in all competitions while scoring at least three goals. Excluding the victory in the previous campaign, Dortmund are without a win at Borussia-Park since 2009.