Bayern Munich vs Mainz 05 Match Preview
Bayern will be keen to face Mainz on Saturday to continue their quest for Fifth straight title win.
Bayern Munich will be very keen to forget their Quarter Final exit in UEFA Champions League against Real Madrid and continue their quest to a fifth straight Bundesliga title at the Allianz Arena against relegation-threatened Mainz 05 on Saturday.
Carlo Ancelotti could rotate his squad depending on fitness and recovery with one eye on Wednesday’s DFB Cup semi-final clash against Borussia Dortmund. Though One thing is for sure Bayern will have to do without goalkeeper Manuel Neuer, who is out for the rest of the season with a foot injury.
Robert Lewandowski is also back from suspension and a shoulder injury. Carlo Ancelotti said in press conferance that – “Hummels is fit, Boateng & Martinez will be rested”. So a makeshift Centre back pairing of Alaba & Hummels is expected to start.
Possible line up (4-2-3-1): Ulreich–Rafinha, Hummels, Alaba, Juan Bernat; Kimmich, Vidal; Robben, Thiago, Costa; Lewandowski.
Injured or Suspended: Neuer (Foot).
FSV Mainz 05 were the last team to beat Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena in the Bundesliga, back on Matchday 24 of last season – and would want more of the same again to save themselves from relegation.
Martin Schmidt is expected to pick a 5-man defence, and could once again pick goalkeeper Jannik Huth over Jonas Lössl. Gaetano Bussmann is the only notable miss for them.
Possible line up (5-4-1): Huth – Donati, Balogun, Bell, Hack, Brosinski; Frei, Latza, Öztunali, Quaison; Cordoba.
Injured or Suspended: Berggreen (fitness), Florian Müller (muscle), Bussmann (rehab).
- Bayern’s (1st) gap with Leipzig (2nd) has shrunk from 13 to 8 points over the last three games.
- Bayern have lost just one of their last 32 Bundesliga home games, last they lost against Mainz last season (1-2).
- Bayern have scored 48 goals in their last 14 home games, including 21 in their last four alone.
- Robert Lewandowski could become the first player in Bundesliga history to score a brace in five consecutive home games.
- Mainz were much stronger last season than this campaign, where they’ve lost 9 of their last 10 away games from home.
- Striker Jhon Cordoba has scored a goal on both of his Bundesliga appearances against Bayern (two shots, two goals), including the winner against Bayern last season.
Head to Head :
- Overall matches – 22.
- Bayern won – 16.
- Mainz won – 4.
- Drawn – 2.
- Bayern scored – 57.
- Mainz scored – 25.
Date & Time: 22/04/2017. 19:00 (IST), 15:30 (CEST), 13:30 (GMT).
TV Telecast: Star Sports Select HD 2, beIN Sports, Canal Sports, Sky Sports.
Live Stream: ronaldo7.net