LNTUP

Replaced Samsung Phone Melted in Hand

0 9

Replaced Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has reportedly caught fire in Minnesota.

This time the Phone was owned by Thirteen-year-old Abby Zuis of  Farmington,  her Galaxy Note 7 had been replaced by the company and said the new one will be safer.

Abby Zuis says she felt a “weird, burning sensation” in her thumb while holding her Galaxy Note 7 . The phone, which has significant smoke damage and burn marks, melted the protective cover.

This shocked every one as now we can understand that the company did not find a solution for the problem.

Zuis says she suffered only a minor burn to her thumb. “It felt like pins and needles except a lot more intense,” she said.

Andrew Zuis, Abby’s father, says the phone is a replacement for the Galaxy Note 7 that was recalled last month.Replaced Samsung Phone Melted in Hand

He provided Samsung with receipts showing they originally purchased the Galaxy Note 7 in August and then exchanged it on September 21 after Samsung announced it was recalling 2.5-million Note 7 phones because of problems with batteries overheating and catching fire.

“We thought we were safe with the new phone,” Zuis said.

Samsung replied by stating-

“We want to reassure our customers that we take every report seriously and we are engaged with the Zuis family to ensure we are doing everything we can for them and their daughter.” The spokesperson confirmed the matter is under investigation.

It’s the second investigation of a replacement phone launched by the company this week. A passenger on a Southwest Airlines flight to Baltimore reported his Note 7 replacement caught fire on Wednesday.